Print this page

Saint George

Written by on 01.11.2013
Rate this item
(1 Vote)
  • font size
Saint George

At the saddle between mprosta and piso aetos, is built the chapel of St. George the Great Martyr.

 

The church that exists today was built approximately 20 years ago . Before that there was a church, which was built after the earthquake of 1953. Even older there was a stone-built  church but  we do not know exactly when it was constructed.

The present church is built on the foundations of the older. It has wooden roof tiles and the temple has 4 Festal icons made to Agio Oros few years ago .

The church works every year on 3 November, the day of the Translation of the Relics of St. George.

  • Reference:

    Εργασία 7/θεσιου δημοτικού σχολειού Ιθάκης

    « Εις το βουνό ψηλά εκεί, είν’ εκκλησία ερημική »

    Εκπαιδευτικοί: Ηλία Αιμιλία - Μίχτη Σίσσυ

    Μαθητές: Βεντούρα Ερμίνα, Αιβάνη Μαντώ, Δευτεραίου Βασιλική, Μιχαλοπούλου Αννα, Κορνάρος Ανδρέας, Μπακαγιάννη Δήμητρα, Λιβιεράτου Νίκη, Ντύλγια Μπλερίμ, Ματαράγκα Χαρίκλεια, Πάνου Μαρία, Μορφέσης Πάνος, Παπαδόπουλος Κων/ντίνος, Μωραΐτης Αλέξανδρος, Πατσαλιά-Κωστήρη Άρτεμις, Ντύλγια Μανώλης, Ρεμαντά Αναστασία, Πατσαλιά-Κωστήρη Δανάη, Σιμήρη Νίκη, Πετράτου Μέμη, Φιοράτου Εύα, Σαρακίνας Γ ιώργος, Χίκα Μάριος, Σμπούκης Γιάννης, Σολδάτος Αποστολής, Ταφλαμπά Φαίδρα, Τσέλα Κων/ντίνος, Χάνος Κων/ντίνος και Χίκα Έλο.

Read 2224 times Last modified on 01.11.2013
chris ithacorama

Website: plus.google.com/107102282532315780132 Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Contact Details

  • Address
  • City
    Ithaki
  • Zip Code
    28300
  • Country
    Greece
Login to post comments
FaLang translation system by Faboba